Willkommen Gast.
Wenn dies Dein erster Besuch hier ist, lies bitte zuerst die Hilfe - Häufig gestellte Fragen durch. Du musst Dich vermutlich Einloggen oder Registrieren, bevor Du Beiträge verfassen kannst. Klicke auf den "Registrieren" Link, um den Registrierungsprozess zu starten. Du kannst aber auch jetzt schon Beiträge lesen. Suche Dir einfach das Forum aus, das Dich am meisten interessiert.

info4alien.de

ÜbersichtHilfeSuchenEinloggenRegistrierenKontakt Spenden  

Seitenindex umschalten Seiten: 1
Thema versenden Drucken
Arbeitslosengeld for Canadian on Aufenthaltstitel (Gelesen: 1.758 mal)
madmits
Themenstarter Themenstarter

i4a rocks!

Beziehung zum Thema Ausländerrecht: Ich bin selbst Ausländer/in
Staatsangehörigkeit: Canadian
Zeige den Link zu diesem Beitrag Arbeitslosengeld for Canadian on Aufenthaltstitel
06.11.2017 um 21:04:44

Hello there! I am from Canada but have been living and working in Berlin for the last 5 years. I am currently on a 2 year Aufenthaltserlaubnis that allows me to work for any company / job until March 2018. I've been working for the same company for the past 2.5 years, but it looks like the company will go bankrupt by the end of November, leaving me with no job (or income) Come January. My boss only needs to give me 4 weeks notice.

I am wondering if I am entitled to Arbeitlosengeld in January, seeing as I will be out of a job? I have gotten very mixed answers about this and am confused as to what my rights are. I know that I am able to work anywhere until March but will need a new Aufenthaltserlaubnis to be issued after this time. This should be okay if I have a new work contract before March. I'm more stressed about how I will pay my living costs for the months I need to look for a new job.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Zum Seitenanfang

IP gespeichert

Aras
Gold Member

Berufsrevolutionär

Düsseldorf, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
Düsseldorf
Nordrhein-Westfalen
Germany
Stimmung:

Beziehung zum Thema Ausländerrecht: Ich oute mich später
Staatsangehörigkeit: deutsch
Zeige den Link zu diesem Beitrag Re: Arbeitslosengeld for Canadian on Aufenthaltstitel
Antwort #1 - 06.11.2017 um 22:26:58

Look on your monthly payroll. You should be paying every month about 1,9% to Arbeitslosenversicherung. If so, you should be eligible for Arbeitslosengeld I
Zum Seitenanfang

"Alles Recht in der Welt ist erstritten worden, jeder wichtige Rechtssatz hat erst denen, die sich ihm widersetzten, abgerungen werden müssen, und jedes Recht, sowohl das Recht eines Volkes wie das eines Einzelnen, setzt die stetige Bereitschaft zu seiner Behauptung voraus. Das Recht ist nicht blosser Gedanke, sondern lebendige Kraft." - Rudolph von Jhering in "Der Kampf ums Recht"

IP gespeichert

Nedzi

i4a rocks!

Groß-Gerau, Hessen, Germany
Groß-Gerau
Hessen
Germany

Beziehung zum Thema Ausländerrecht: Ich bin selbst Ausländer/in
Staatsangehörigkeit: Kanadische
Zeige den Link zu diesem Beitrag Re: Arbeitslosengeld for Canadian on Aufenthaltstitel
Antwort #2 - 07.11.2017 um 07:00:52

Good morning,

Yes, you should do the request today so that you get the money in January...
You paid for it so there is no problem.

Rgds.
Nihad
Zum Seitenanfang

IP gespeichert

Seoman305
Junior Top-Member

Warum einfach, wenns kompliziert
geht? -Leben

EUROPA, Germany
EUROPA
Germany
Stimmung:

Beziehung zum Thema Ausländerrecht: Mitarbeiter/in Jobcenter
Staatsangehörigkeit: Deutsch
Antwort #3 - 07.11.2017 um 17:25:23

You should have the mandatory contributions paid. Which is -to extend Aras Information fulfilled on the day you become unemployed by having paid 12months within the last 24 months. Seems to be fulfilled

If the Company is forseeably going bankrupt I strongly recommend you
immediately go
in Person to the Job Agency (Agentur für Arbeit) in your district and Register as unemployed. note that the processing takes some time and that you are obliged to do this as soon as possible.

If above mentioned 12months are fulfilled, youi will be entitled to 360 days (12 months) of Arbeitslosengeld I. 
But it will be paid only as Long as you have a valid work Permit for Germany.
Often the Ausländerbehörder and the Arbeitsagentur align themselves meaning that the agency pays as Long the residence Permit allows respectively a residence Permit is given as Long as you have right to Arbeitslosengeld I.  (seen several times)
You should also see to pass at Ausländerbehörde to see what are your Options, but I think depending on work Background and given you are Canadian I do not think you have to fear for not being allowed to stay.

Hope this helps.
P.S.--<this is the latest info I have, I work in the respective authority Smiley

Zum Seitenanfang

Die Grenzen meiner Sprache(n) bedeuten die Grenze(n) meiner Welt [i]nach Ludwig Wittgenstein[i]

IP gespeichert

Seitenindex umschalten Seiten: 1
Thema versenden Drucken

Link zu diesem Thema